Celebrating 20 Years in Business

How To Prevent An Electrical Shock At Home

The idea of electric shock is not a reassuring thought. However, if you do not make your home electric shock proof it can happen to you, or a family member no matter the age. Wet kitchen counters place people in danger when cords are frayed, or appliances are faulty. The horror stories abound for these types of accidents. However, many are preventable by taking a few precautions.

Get Electrical Maintenance Done Regularly

People are shocked by electricity when they encounter electrical energy. It can burn, causing injury or become lethal. Learn how to prevent an electrical shock at home that might cause injury to your family. Hiring advanced electrical contractors provides a safe way to remodel or change electrical modes in the home. These specialists are trained to prepare wiring and outlets with proper wire weight and voltage regulators, and they are familiar with city code requirements.

Protect kids with electrical outlet covers. Small children may place keys into uncovered electrical sockets or place wet fingers into sockets. Electricity may spark from a plug. This can attach to the body, particularly if a person is holding material that transmits electricity. Lamps plugs can fray close to the plug area or the plug itself. These wiring frays are not easily noticed since appliances may still operate. Therefore, it is important to look at lamps plugs, hair dryers, shavers, and other regularly used items. Electrical maintenance done in your home regularly will help you check many of these possible hazards.

A simple rule told to children by parents: never touch electrical outlets or cords with wet hands. This rule applies, even with adults. People are warned continuously after storms concerning the danger of water and electrical lines. The same is true at your home, never let wiring fall into places where water is present. Be careful of appliances that involve water and electrical wiring, foot baths, electric toothbrushes, or hot water dispensers.

Inspection of Electrical Wires Should Be Done

The electric shock can be lethal to the body. If you should work on electrical items, make sure the power is off. Do this yourself so that you are certain there will be no surprise. In addition, make sure high voltage appliances are plugged into proper circuit loads. Do not try to plug an air conditioners or heating appliance into a plug not designed to carry the current the device requires.

It is important to retain advanced electrical contractors to install an adequate amount of outlets to service your home. People generally have a home inspected before making a purchase. However, an inspection of a home’s wiring system by advanced electrical contractors can prevent hazards that cause electric shock injuries.

Replace the Old Electrical Wiring of the House

Taking care to have advanced electoral contractors install new wiring inside the home. Pool lighting is crucial in staying safe from getting shocked at home. Lighting near or in surfaces associated with your pool can send electrical currents that can harm. This is also true of hot tubs. Lights in the pool, cords, or vacuums used for cleaning can give users an electrical shock. Wiring should be inspected each season.

Get Rid of Old Electrical Appliances/Sockets/Switches/Extension Cords

Gain an added sense of security when you know your home is free of dangerous wires and electrical appliances. Use proper fuses and correct circuit breakers. Once appliances begin shorting out or smoking from burning wiring, it is past time for the trash. If your electrical outlets are properly wired, the circuit breaker will disconnect the electricity before these faulty appliances have a chance to cause damage. Avoid using metal utensils to remove objects stuck in toasters or waffle irons while they are plugged into electrical sockets.

Professional management is best for electrical house wiring. Fires are caused when wires inside walls wear and spark into flames. In addition, avoid the overuse of extension cords. To make sure your home stays safe for your family call KB Electric to assist you in evaluating any need for electrical house wiring, appliance replacement, inspection, or maintenance.

Main Office Location

KB Electric, Inc.
78-80 Broughton Ave.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Phone: 973-744-6201
Fax: 973-509-3697
Email: kbelectric123@gmail.com